Friday, November 5, 2010

Round 2 of Chemo

Back at the 7th floor -  great view from the chemo unit -  the view is nice, the clinical staff are friendly and professional yet relaxed. 

The first week after chemo was not too bad, and this past week was wonderful -  brilliant fall colors, and actual blue sky most days, perfect biking weather.  And the most very wonderful thing is that my daughter A and my soninlaw D are visiting.  I don't know the etiquette related to using their full names in a blog, but most of you know them already, and know that they are wonderful. 

So 2 weeks ago, after the first chemo, we went to the library.  I asked the woman at the desk if they had "Newcomer's guide to Portland" - she checked the computer, then said "No, but we do have "Newcomer's Guide to the Afterlife.""   Bruce pointed to the chemo pump at my side and said "this is her first day of chemo."    Silence.  Then stammering.  So I told her about the blonde who came into the library..."

2 comments:

  1. Life is stranger than fiction. You can't make a story like that up. That poor woman must have wanted to crawl under a rock for the rest of the month. I can just see Jon & I in that situation and I think Jon would say, "Yes, I think we'll be needing that, thank you, and THEN point to the chemo pump." Keep your sense of humor, Dr. Roth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when NOTHING makes sense that's when you truly need your sense of HUMOR!!! thanks for shairing these insights...HANG IN THERE!

    ReplyDelete